Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Monday, June 30, 2014

Interview with Cover Model, Padme Kane by Kimmie Easley

I have recently had the great fortune of working with a new cover model. Padme Kane is the gorgeous beauty on the cover of Tasting Texas.

The first time I saw this pic, I knew without a doubt she was the face of Beth, a stunning natural beauty. What I didn't expect was that Padme is a master at changing up her look and is also the face of Hope from Tasting New York! Check out the cover for the second novella in The Tasting Series.

Maybe you can see why I'm beyond excited to have the opportunity to interview the super talented model and friend. So let's get started!



KE: First, tell us a little about yourself.....

PK: I am an Aquarius, Scorpio rising, Capricorn moon! I am a model, wanna-be writer, and an upcoming full-time cosmetology and business student.  I’m a strange person in general, loyal friend, and a lover of laughter! 

KE: What are your goals as a model? How do you see yourself progress in the field?  

PK: My goal as a model is to simply have fun.  I hope to grace many covers of many books and hopefully other media as well, but my main objective is to always take good, creative photos that people enjoy looking at and that represent their work well. 

KE: Ok, let's face it, you're hot. What do you do to stay in shape? What does being fit look like for you?  

PK: You are awesome, thank you!  I participate in martial arts and I practice yoga.  I really enjoy making traditionally unhealthy dishes healthy.  You don’t have to sacrifice flavor when eating healthy.  Something else that may sound like more like an annoyance but I have made it a habit, is that I park at the very back of every parking lot I visit.  Raining or not.  I enjoy the extra exercise and more people need to learn to breathe and walk in the rain.  Being fit?  Being fit looks like you are healthy and comfortable with your body. 


KE: What are your likes and dislikes? Yes, sounds a little Hustler/Playboy, but I love this question!  

PK: Hmmm.  I am such an opinionated person so I don’t know where to begin.  I like food, music to an insane extreme, dancing, good people, and anything where I can move my body ;-)  Dislikes?  Inconsiderate drivers, Spam (the “food”), insincerity, disloyalty.

KE: We know that you take a hot photo and have made your debut on the cover of an erotic romance novella. What are your limitations? Where would you draw the line? 

PK: A FANTASTIC novella that I cannot wait to finish reading, btw!  J  I am very comfortable with my body and consider modeling artistic, to a certain extent.  My limitations are unknown at this point.  I think, I will know when I reach them.  If something makes me uncomfortable or it doesn’t feel right to me, then I will know. 

KE: Oh! Oh! Oh! That's MY little novella, Tasting Texas. Still on cloud nine! Ok, moving on. Do you do your own hair and make-up? What would be your number one beauty tip? 

PK: I have a fantastic hair stylist, Rachel Lily Campbell, but I style my own hair and do my make-up for my shoots.  It is a creative outlet for me to create certain looks that go with each outfit or theme.  It is truly enjoyable for me.  My number one beauty tip would be to keep those cheeks rosy.  If I only could wear one piece of make-up, it would be blush.  A light rosy glow keeps you looking radiant. 


KE: What are your other aspirations?  

PK: To put the inner workings of my devious mind on paper and hope people enjoy them.  To become a writer and photographer as well as a model.  I would love to do hair, make-up, and wardrobe for a model and then take their pictures.  I aspire to travel one day and find beauty everywhere.  Perhaps to create my own personal Zen.  J

KE: Who do you look to for inspiration?  

PK: Hmmm.  I don’t really look up to anybody, as odd as that may sound.  I do get inspired from time to time, by friends, political figures, children, and by music.  Sometimes, just having somebody believe in you, can inspire you.  I hope I have inspired others as well. 

KE: Let's play.... If you could grace the cover of one famous author who would it be?  

PK: Oh, Kimmie!  This is tough.  I can’t choose one!  Poe, Ray Bradbury, Anne Rice, Vladimir Nobokov. 

KE: Where can we find more about you and check out your portfolio? 

PK: I am in the process of building my website (keep an eye out) and am also preparing for a scheduled shoot to build my portfolio. 

You can find more of me and my photos on Facebook here ---> Padme on FB and on Twitter here --->  Padme on Twitter 


KE: Who would play you in a movie bio pic about your rise to stardom (yeah, we're assuming that happens)? 

PK: Hmmm, Liv Tyler-Empire Records era


KE: Padme, thank you so much for spending time with me and answering my quirky questions. Any parting words? 

PK: Thank you for having me!  I truly enjoy chatting with you.  Stay true to yourself people and remember your worth.  Never slouch.  Walk with a purpose.  J

I truly enjoyed my chat with Padme and am excited about our upcoming projects. There are a lot of great things in store for us both! Keep up with us for the latest! 

Kimmie on Facebook
Kimmie on Twitter
Kimmie's Website: Kimmie Easley
Kimmie on Goodreads

Kimmie on Amazon

Image of Kimmie Easley

6 comments:

  1. Great interview, Kimmie. Padme is an interesting person. Look forward to seeing her future "covers".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Karren!

      I truly enjoyed getting to chat more with Padme. She is interesting and fabulous. The world could use a few more! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Kimmie

      Delete
  2. This is seriously amazing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you like it! I can't wait until the next one! Thanks for sharing with us! <3

      Delete
  3. Good interview, Kimmie and Padme. Good luck to you both with your respective projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Joan!

      Thank you! I'm excited about the great things to come.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!