I feel bad for Thanksgiving. It finishes pretty quickly compared to some of the other holidays. While it might be cliché, or seem silly to state the obvious, it's beautiful that there is a day set aside for food, rest and gratitude. I wish it lasted longer. And, you know, it can if we remember the spirit of it as we go forward.
And here is what I'm counting:
1) God, His Son, and the Holy Spirit
4) My friends
5) These books
6) The way books smell
7) When Mr. Darcy proposes to Lizzie
8) When Jim and Dwight have to plan a party together
9) When Emma Swan tells Captain Killian Jones that he can't handle it
10) When Anne smashes her slate over Gilbert's head
11) All things Texan: bluebonnets, our historical markers, the Alamo, the brisket, the tacos, the kolaches, the MUSIC, the word "friend", the spirit, the Baylor Ruins, the Antique Rose Emporium, Blue Bell Ice Cream, the sports we play, the art we make, Prasek's, floating, the speed limit, and so, so, so much more
13) "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya."
14) The stuff Rachel giggles about and plays
15) The stuff Jake sings and draws
16) The stuff Noah says and draws
17) The end of "Amarillo By Morning" and the whole song actually
18) Musicals -- especially Meet Me In St. Louis and Singing In The Rain
19) Jane Austen
20) the Dyson vacuum
21) When Chuck says, "Guys, I know Kung Fu."
22) Dorothy, Blanche, Sophia, and Rose
23) When Captain Steve Rogers picks up Thor's hammer
24) When Falcon says, "On your left."
25) When Edward kneels down
26) Ireland -- Let me say that one again. IRELAND.
27) Fiddles and cellos
28) Fairy tales
29) When Flynn Rider climbs the tower
30) When Brenda Lee says, "You first."
31) Libraries and librarians
32) Pocket rosaries
33) Keeping score at a baseball game at Minute Maid Park
34) The number seven
35) Wildflowers. As far as the eye can see. God bless Texas.