Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Falling in Love by Bea Tifton

Fall is fast approaching, and I am almost giddy.  In North Texas, the summers are blisteringly hot and I am heat intolerant so I am unable to do much. The State Fair of Texas begins in late September, and I have many fun memories of attending.  The air seems a little less humid and more crisp. I make baked apple dishes and soup. And some years I can even break out the fall sweaters. Actually, fall comes late to Texas if it comes at all, mid-October usually. Sometimes we skip fall altogether and go from summer to winter. But I love the idea of fall. At the top of my bucket list, I have the desire to go to New England in the fall and take a leaf peeping/whale watching tour. Some people think the leaves don’t change at all in Texas, but they do somewhat. We take what we can get. 

 

So, even though I’m jumping the gun a bit, I’d like to share five quotes about the loveliest of seasons, fall. 


“There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky, which through the summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been.” Percy Bysshe Shelley

“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” Albert Camus


“Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” F. Scott Fitzgerald

“I notice that autumn is more the season of the soul than of nature.” Friedrich Nietzsche

“Autumn whispered to the wind, ‘I fall, but always rise again.’” Angie Weiland-Crosby 

And, of course,every day is always a great day to fall into a good book. 


Happy fall, everyone!

 

Photo Credits: Pexels.com

Squash still life: Mathias P.R. Reding

Boy in leaves: Scott Webb

Mountains: Michael Block

Tree Branch: Pixabay

Baby: Marina Abrosimova

Forest with Sunlight: Johannes Plenio

Lady with Leaves: Andrea Piacquadio

Redhead Reading: Geri Art

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!