Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Thursday, August 18, 2016

Book Release and Galveston Hurricane Anniversary


Hi! Hope y'all are having a good week. I know, I know, but we have gotten past hump day and tomorrow is TGIF, so I hope for the best. My week is going well, I think. The book I just finished is back from my editor and readers, so I'm making final edits. The timing is later than I'd hoped, but, as it turns out, the release will coordinate with the event the story is centered around. My husband says, "Even a blind hog finds a acorn." Now, you know I got a might touchy at his bluntness, but truth is truth, no matter how you slice it.

For those who've read my books, you know, in addition to family, I build my stories around actual weather events that happened in the book's time period. If you didn't notice, that's okay, it didn't register with me either until a good friend pointed it out. The heroes and heroines have to deal with floods, blizzards, tornadoes, and hurricanes. You know, it gives them something to do in case they get bored.

The book I'm talking about is, FAITH AND THE TEXAS LAWYER, A Brides of Texas Code Series Novella, Book 4. Faith Daniels and Joe Benning, unfortunately, have very little time to get bored since this is a time-travel. The story is set in Galveston, Texas, and centers around a house they both own, except Faith is from 2016, and Joe is from 1900. The obvious weather event is the devastating Hurricane of 1900, or Isaac's Storm, that occurred on September 8.







Blurb: 
  Faith Daniels had a hard time fitting in all her life, from the time she was left on the steps of a firehouse to her recent divorce. The only time she felt connected was when she rehabbed old houses. Often she wished she could experience life in a simpler time. Her current project, a 1900 Galveston mansion, is all she ever wished for and more. When some mysterious force transports her from 2016 to 1900, just prior to the most devastating natural disaster on record, will Faith give up all she has attained in her present life to stay in the past with the sexy turn of the century lawyer?

Joseph Benning has serious trust issues. He is still recovering from the jolt of being dumped by his fiancé shortly before their wedding. In order to prove to himself he can manage on his own without a woman in his life, he decides to reach outside of his comfort zone and buy a house. Suddenly, a strange woman shows up inside his house telling fantastic stories of disaster and destruction. Will Joe be able to make the right decision and let her go, when it comes time to save her life?

Faith will debut on the anniversary of the 1900 Galveston Hurricane, September 8, 2016. Please follow me on Amazon.

School starts soon, and I know you'll be busy with all the end of summer stuff. Be careful and stay cool if you can.

Hugs,
Carra

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a delightful story! I've always been fascinated by the 1900 Galveston Hurricane, so I'm sure I'll enjoy your latest book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carra, weather makes a powerful character in your books and in some of mine. I look forward to reading your latest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and good luck with the new release. The 1900 hurricane was one of the greatest disasters in U.S. history. There should be a lot of interest in your book. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!