Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Thursday, June 23, 2022

START YOUR SUMMER DAY WITH BURNING PASSION

 Judy Ann Davis

"Now that your eyes are open, make the sun jealous with your burning passion to start the day. Make the sun jealous or stay in bed.” – Malak El Halabi ~ Poet and  Consumer Behavior Expert 

What a way to start the day--with a burning passion! 

But what about the end of it?  Have you ever felt you’ve accomplished anything? Even when we do things according to a well thought-out schedule, do we take any time to do the things we want or like??                                                                   

I’m learning that variation in our daily or evening schedules is a healthy and a rewarding way to change the pace of the day. Chores don’t have to be done on the same day every week. Laundry can wait a day. Dinner doesn’t have to be a strict time every day. We’re allowed to unwind, be more alert, center ourselves, and enjoy life instead of frantically keeping pace with it. 

I’m now taking some respite with my writing as well. I’m taking time to ponder the last 20,000 words I need to finish my novel, and I’ve decided not to let my Type A personality poke, push, or guilt me.

Instead, I’ve been reading an old book called “The Plot Thickens,” a series of short stories by best-selling mystery and crime writers Mary Higgins Clark, Janet Evanovich, and Ann Rule, to name a few of the authors. It’s refreshing and enjoyable to read the
short, compact, mystery stories in one sitting.

I’m playing music. I’ve made a batch of cookies. I met with card club friends. I’m taking time for myself. I’m breaking my routine, and I’m feeling cheerful as I embrace that much-needed passion to start my summer days.

So tell me—how are your days evolving? Are you making the sun jealous with your burning passion?   

Visit My Amazon Author Page for all my books.  

HUCKLEBERRY HAPPINESS now only $1.99

                                                                                              
                                                                            

6 comments:

  1. I'm where you are in most things, but still too worried about my writing. However, those two words, "taking time," need to be the catch phrase of the day. I loved your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have to remember to take time for myself. Thumbs up!!!

      Delete
  2. I've come to the same conclusion, Judy Ann. I let myself get too stressed out and decided to slow down publishing. I hope I haven't slowed down too much. I've read, relaxed, and feel much better. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to see I have company! Thumbs up.

      Delete
  3. Loved your post. Not there yet. Good news is I am changing day jobs in a week and should get a break from my exhausting 10-12 hour days. The good news is though- I think I finally have my storyline finished on my 3 year book project- Fingers crossed- I can get it done and let it go to move. on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post, Judy Ann. I'm guilty of not "taking time" because I'm always intent on finishing and starting whatever is next on my list of 1001 things to do. *g*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!