Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Sunday, June 26, 2022

Free Book! And Other Things That Spark Joy

It has been a week! I needed some distractions, and wound up rearranging my library (I have four shelves, don't judge me that I call it my library!). I wound up finding some books I had forgotten that I own! So basically I spent the week re-reading some old favorites. 

I rearranged my books in my room, and the keepers shelf in my "library," even added some new ones to the keeper shelves. I know that this may not sound like fun for everyone, but sitting on the floor amongst a pile of all my books and reading was seriously the highlight of my week. 

It made me realize that this week I need more joy, more time to read old favorites, and find some new favorites. And I'm probably not the only one who feels that way.

So, here's your next new favorite ;) My short story Dreams of the Past. I made it a free for a 24 hour promotion, but I'm leaving my book free for the rest of the week, just because we all need something happy right now.

DREAMS OF THE PAST

click here: Amazon | Kobo | Barnes & Noble | Google Play | Smashwords | Goodreads



Dreams of the Past

She needs rest, he needs relaxation…


Jenny Travers wants a fresh start. Leaving the nightmares of her past behind her, she heads to Last Chance Beach. Renting the Sea Glass Cottage sounds peaceful and relaxing, which is exactly what she needs.


What she doesn’t need is a man.



Lieutenant Commander Scott Gordon was injured by an IED on his last mission, and while his leg has healed, it’ll never be strong enough to stay on his SEAL team. Renting the Sea Glass Cottage sounds like the perfect place to figure out how he’s going to handle his new normal.


He never expected to find a woman in his bed.


A mix-up at the rental agency means Jenny and Scott are both renting the small cottage. Sharing a space with a stranger should be hard, yet they both feel more at peace than they have in months.


Will their summer romance last, or is the magic of Sea Glass Cottage all they’ll have…


*This short story was previously published in the Last Chance Beach: Summer's End box set. It has an updated cover, some new content, and is available at all ebook retailers instead of just through Amazon's Kindle Unlimited.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the gift, Laura. That gets the new week off to a great start for me. I reread favorites, too. We're still unpacking from our October (don't judge) and unpacking books is a joy--like finding old friends. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how you describe that! It *is* like finding old friends!

      Delete
  2. I am addicted to "being busy". It is rare that I even stop to watch TV. Even when I do housework and sew- I listen to audible books. Occasionally, I stop long enough to recognize that there is no reason for this madness- and I should stop and relax. Thank you for the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny and Scott's story is so lovely! Thanks for sharing it with everyone, and I'm with you about sitting on the floor with books. Of course, getting up is an issue, but worth it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL my knees don't love getting back up off the floor either LOL

      Delete
  4. Your idea of fun is one of mine too. You're right. Everyone needs some fun so thanks for making your Last Chance Beach romance free. Readers will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!