Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Monday, December 28, 2015

Funny You Should Ask


Yes, my diabolically curious kitten/cats, Peaches and Cream, had a fabulous Christmas and drove me nearly mad trying to keep them out of presents. I failed. And the tree has only lights this year, no ornaments, as they would have been batted all over the house, Ditto for wisemen, camels, sheep, shepherds, etc, so no creche displays either. I gloried in cheery lights and the angels crammed on a high narrow mantel. The after Christmas blues are settling in, not only with me, but the cats searching in vain for those fun gifties they so enjoyed leaping in and chewing on.

Is there life after Christmas? Certainly. We found evidence of a mouse nest in the corner of the roll top desk--rarely unrolled. So hope springs eternal for some micelette playmates. None have turned up yet, fortunately. Or not. And my DH received a brightly colored drone, two actually, that Peaches bravely stalks. Cream is more guarded. When worried, he snuggles beside me on the couch and kneads and sucks his favorite blanket. He also purrs in my ear and nibbles my hair. Peaches is more of a lap cat, as is our curmudgeonly older tabby, Percy. My tiny pom-poo Sadie Sue, stays by my side when not patrolling cats, and rescue dog Jilly lolls companionably nearby.







(Beth and friends zoning above)

Onward ho with writing projects. I'm at work on The Panther Moon, book 3 in my new Young Adult Fantasy Romance series, Secret Warrior. It would speed the process if I'd actually make headway, but Christmas took its toll. Book 1, The Hunter's Moon came out on Dec. 15th, not a great time for a non-holiday release, I add with a sigh. I'm open to assistance, as in please spread the word to adults and teens who might enjoy the story.  Happily, Book 2, Curse of the Moon, is in the publishing process at the Wild Rose Press (Release date TBD).

Blurb from The Hunter's Moon:

Seventeen-year-old Morgan Daniel has been in the witness protection program most of her life. But The Panteras have caught up with her and her younger brother. Her car is totaled, she's hurt, and the street gang is closing in when wolves with glowing eyes appear out of nowhere and chase away the killers. 

Then a very cute guy who handles a bow like Robin Hood emerges from the woods and takes them to safety at his fortress-like home. 

And that's just the first sign that Morgan and her brother have entered a hidden world filled with secrets...


The Hunter's Moon is available from ALL online booksellers. Kindle link: http://www.amazon.com/Hunters.../dp/B017OCROM8/ref=sr_1_1

AND I created a Face Book Page for my Secret Warrior Series that could use likes and shares.
Thanks in advance for any exertions on my/our behalf. For more on me please visit my blog: https://bethtrissel.wordpress.com.


4 comments:

  1. Ahh yes the after Christmas blues. My cat Leona, sits in wait for the things that invaded her space under "her" tree are gone, later today. Then she will once again rule, like she doesn't the other 364 days out of the year! Looking forward to reading Curse of the Moon :) I loved The Hunter's Moon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, LeeAnn. Well, cats have a way of finding new amusements...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, I always feel let-down after Christmas. Actually, the let-down comes Christmas Eve when there's no more anticipation. I'm back now, though, and writing onward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It happens, Caroline. We can but try to forge ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!