Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Wednesday, March 9, 2022

IT'S CONTAGIOUS!

By Caroline Clemmons

I recall when the reminders to “be kind” began on the Facebook posts I receive. I can’t speak for everyone, but Judy Esposito was the first of my Facebook friends who sent this reminder. She always has a beautiful post that brightens the day. 

Judy Esposito's post for today.
 

Soon, others among my Facebook friends did the same. Then Kristen Osborne, who has a gazillion followers, reminded everyone to be kind. Suddenly, Facebook had become a nicer place to visit each day.  

I suppose this is not as amazing as it might be when I recall that I unfriend anyone who sends out political or mean-spirited posts. I simply don’t have the time or patience to deal with negative people. Why even respond to those comments or posts? One of our past ministers said, “You can’t reason with an unreasonable person.”

One of Kirsten Osborne's posts.

There was a time when I thought I had to be open-minded enough to listen/read whatever acquaintances had to say. No longer will I tolerate that behavior. Sure, everyone has a right to speak his or her mind—and I have the right not to listen.

Don’t you love stories of paying kindness forward? They remind us that most people are caring and thoughtful. Those are the people we want as friends.

Kindness is contagious. Go out and pay it forward today—even if it’s only with a smile. 

Stay safe and keep reading!

3 comments:

  1. There can never be too much kindness, can there? A nice post, Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post. If only people would try harder to be kind...to live and let live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post, Caroline. I agree that life is too short to allow hatred of any kind to infest one's environment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!