Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Sunday, March 6, 2022

Bobbin the Teenage Manx~ Sherri Easley

Unfortunately, my day job has been chaotic and my house a near full time job in cleaning due to a sickly senior dog, so I have had little time for writing. 


What happened to him? Well, last week my cat Bobbin bit him on his tail and poor Bandit now has a gimpy tail. Who knew that cat bites were so toxic? He is on antibiotics and doing much better, but not before he violated both of the rugs in my house. 



Meanwhile, I am trying to destress by reading Caroline's new book- Death in the Perfect House. So far, I love everything about it-- from descriptions of the small-town politics to colorful characters. Check it out! 



So, in the absence of a blog, I leave you this- Photos of my cat Bobbin, the teenage Manx. Manx cats are genetically disposed to not have normal tails and you can see his cute little butt in these pics. He is nearly three years old now and a little over twenty-two pounds of chonk unlike his delicate sister Button, weighing in at 8 pounds. He is also bigger than my two dogs. 

You can easily see from his kitten pic, how he came into my house and stole my heart, but you can also see from his teen-age pics, he is a stinker- 























































5 comments:

  1. I hope your dog gets better soon, and that you do. Cat bites are nasty. My Dad almost died from an infected cat bite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so scary on your Dad, Stephanie! Since I posted to social media, several people said the same, hospitalized, etc. Thank you for the kind words, Bandit's tail is better after 10 days of antibiotics, and for me, every storm cloud runs out of rain, I am told... I am ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a beautiful cat, and obviously very busy. Our Manx cat passed away from a congenital kidney condition, but he was super busy before he became ill. Thank you for mentioning my book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was a teen, we had a manx named Chilly Willy. His coloring was like that of a wildcat, and he was a bit of a wildcat. He was an outdoor cat. At night he'd lurk on the bricked window sills that jutted out from the house. If a dog strayed into our yard, he'd jump down on the dog. I think he was a bit of a terrorist to the canine world. Other than his enmity for dogs, he was a purring sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!