Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Friday, November 12, 2021

'Tis the season for Holiday Romance books, by Peggy Jaeger

 I know it's only November, but a writer's actual holiday preparation starts in the Spring and early Summer. That's when the new crop of holiday romance books must be completed so they can be put on sale from October through December. Some authors even have Christmas in July events to promote their new and upcoming holiday romances.

I simply adore a good holiday love story no matter what time of the year it is. I don't get my fix of holiday romcoms and smalltown stories from the Hallmark or Lifetimes channels on TV,  though, but through reading. I can count on several authors each year releasing a new book for the season and like clockwork, I buy them all.

I adore slipping away for a few hours with the newest Nancy Naigle holiday story, or Jill Shalvis' most recent holiday romcom. Brenda Novak and Debbie Macomber never disappoint in the holiday fiction department, either.


My love affair with holiday romances began when I read Nora Robert's ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS when it was released in 1994. This lovely story of twin boys who ask Santa to bring a new mommy for them and their daddy pulled at every heartstring in my chest. Since then, reading these kinds of stories has become my happy place around the holiday season.

When shopping, decorating, cooking, baking, office parties, and relatives-you-could-do-without-seeing all
occur within a ten-week period of time, hiding out for an hour or two with a good holiday-centered-romance is my way of staying sane. In fact, now that I write my own romance books, holiday love stories have become a thing for me to release into the world too!

This year's addition is FIXING CHRISTMAS - A DICKENS HOLIDAY ROMANCE ( Dorrit's Diner), which released on 11.9.2021. Last year I was honored to be part of a group of authors who penned the CHRISTMAS COMES TO DICKENS stories about a small fictional New England town during the holidays. Several of the authors - including myself - loved telling the stories so much we teamed up for another season. Each book is a standalone romance but from book to book you meet some of the same townsfolk. It's a truly charming town and the stories are all heartwarming.

Here's a little about FIXING CHRISTMAS:



She's a neurotic, snarky, chatty writer trying to get her professional and personal life back on track.

He's a quiet, widowed, ex-military handyman.

When her rental house starts falling down around her ears, he's charged with fixing the issues - and just might be exactly what she needs to fix her own ones as well.

You can get your copy here: FIXING CHRISTMAS

Who are your favorite holiday romance writers? 



3 comments:

  1. I loved that story! Looking forward to FIXING CHRISTMAS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz - i thjnk that story is such a perfect example of what a christmas story should be.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the new book. Sounds delightful. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!