Needless to say, it's been hard to be limited to small blocks of time at the desk.
So my imagination has been working overtime, spewing out book ideas by the dozens. Literally.
One such idea was for a paranormal romantic suspense featuring a woman who's kind of a cross between Penny on The Big Bang Theory and Sarah Connor of the Terminator.
Go ahead and laugh. The photo at right is kind of how I picture her. She's tough and mean which of course hides her vulnerability.
How would a woman like this act? Good question, and I think I have the answer in something a friend sent me a few years ago. You know, it's one of those things that floats around the internet, usually without attribution of who wrote it. That's a shame because I'd love to celebrate the person who made this up. It's so very clever.
Kick Butt, Take Names, and Take Charge
That's what my heroine in Dead Heat does.
I figure a woman like the heroine I have in mind would kick that up another notch.
This is probably how she would feel about her friends. If she had any.
- When you are sad, I will jump on the person who made you sad like a spider monkey jacked up on Mountain Dew.
- When you are blue, I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
- When you smile, I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.
- When you're scared, we will high tail it out of here.
- When you are worried, I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining like a baby.
- When you are confused, I will use little words.
- When you are sick, stay away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.
- When you fall, I'll pick you up and dust you off.
Send this to 10 of your closest friends, then get depressed because you can only think of 4.
Dead Heat is a Kindle Unlimited free read, or buy it and keep it forever.
Happy Friday! Hope you have a great weekend of reading.
* * * * *
Joan Reeves—Keeping Romance Alive…One Sexy Book at a Time—is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of Contemporary Romance. Joan lives happily-ever-after with her hero, her husband. They divide their time between a book-cluttered home in Houston and a quiet house at the foot of the Texas Hill Country where they sit on the porch at night, look up at the star-studded sky, and listen to the coyotes howl.
Be the first to know about New Books and Giveaways. Sign up for Joan's Newsletter.
Amazon Author Page | BookBub Author Page | Joan's Facebook Fan Page
RomanceGems FB Page for Authors & Friends | Twitter
Joan's Website | Joan's YouTube Channel