Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Midnight and Magnolias and Mug Shots by Vonnie Davis

This coming weekend I'm flying to Boston to see my grandson at MIT. I've never been to the top university so I'm eager for Ryan's campus tour. He's been texting me every couple days to  tell me how excited he is for my 3-day visit. He's a junior majoring in computer technology and programming and minoring in music technology. I'm thrilled he's decided to stay on and get his Masters.  He already has two job offers lined up. One from the cyber security section of the National Security Agency. He's been working for them for two years. Fulltime during the summer and 20 hours a week when he's at MIT.

My son Mike, grandson Ryan, and daughter-in-law Tins at Ryan's return to campus a month ago.

The following weekend I'm flying to Atlanta to attend the Midnight and Magnolia Conference. Writers in all phases of their careers, agents, editors, and experts in the field of engaging readers will be there. I'll also get to meet my Critique Partner and I can't wait to hug her.

I've never attended a regional convention before. I have gone to one RWA convention in NYC--an experience I partially inserted into a book I soon hope to finish.



 In attendance will also be a photographer who, for a fee, will take eight professional  head shots.


For an additional fee, they will do your hair and make-up. But, alas, I am too cheap for the fru-frau.  So cheap in fact that I've been using pictures my son (see above) took five years ago.


I don't photograph well. My eyes squint when I smile and as I've aged, the squinting is more pronounced. My double chin has dropped at disarming proportions as have my boobs. But we don't need to go there. The next time I post, I'll share the best of the head shots. I may have to keep using photos by Mike Shubert.

Visit my website at WWW.VONNIEDAVIS.COM

3 comments:

  1. You have quite a busy time ahead of you! I hope your visit is fun and your experience at M&M is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan and I always have fun when we're together. He was born on my 50th birthday and we share a special bond. I'm most excited about meeting my Critique Partner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vonnie. I'll be in Atlanta for M & M, too, along with 7 other former RCRW members. I look forward to seeing you. Will you be attending Rhonda Penders' dinner on Thursday night? I will. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!