Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Monday, September 4, 2017

Eclipse, Friends, and Books by @JacquieRogers #western #eclipse


Eclipse, Friends, and Books
by Jacquie Rogers

Eclipse mania struck the Pacific Northwest.  I guess everyone went to Oregon because we didn't have to fight the crowds in Idaho at all.  Mr R and I went to my aunt and uncle's house in Garden Valley, Idaho.  My aunt and uncle weren't there--they went to Ireland!  But my uncle's twin brother, his wife, her sister, her brother and family, and our two friends took over their house.  We had a wonderful time even though not one of us knew everyone.  But by the time we all left, we'd all made new friends.  That's one of the wonderful gifts of life--friends.

Here are a few pictures of our eclipse party.  Yes, mimosas were involved.  Honey Beaulieu imbibed, as you can see.  


Of course, Honey traveled elsewhere while I was home writing.  She does that, you know, and is utterly unapologetic about it all.  This time, she and Diane took off for the Bristol Night Race.  And they had pit passes!  I guess after the eclipse mimosas, Honey was ready for some good ol' moonshine.


Honey seems to be annoyed with me because she thinks I should be writing her fourth book instead of Hearts of Owyhee #6: Much Ado About Mail-Order Brides, but she has to be patient.  After all, Bram McKinnon has had to wait an entire year to get his story.  I'm only at 7,500 words on that one, but poor Bram--perfect as he is, his family has managed to put him in an unsolvable dilemma.

I'll be writing for the next few weeks but then we're going back to Nampa, Idaho, for Mr R's class reunion and also for the Idaho NF Walk.  The latter is a benefit for the Children's Tumor Foundation, ending neurofibromatosis through research. To contribute, click on Mercedes Christesen, my daughter's team.  I'll be there and I hope to walk the entire mile.

And now, I better get back to my writing because I have a full day tomorrow.  The kids and grandkids are coming over and we're having beer-butt chicken, green bean casserole, buttermilk biscuits, salad, and something yummy for dessert.  We'll have plenty but we also have some big eaters, so don't be late.

If you're on Snapchat, friend me!  My handle is jacquierogers.  You can get videos of Sassy's latest updates there.  And goofy pictures of her scribe.

2 comments:

  1. You've been having way too much fun and I'm jealous. So glad you're doing Bram's story! Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's waited more than a year! But he's perfect, so of course he's patient. Bwahahaha.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!