Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Sunday, October 4, 2015

Smart Girls Surprise: Western Romance Music, Dance, and Books #western


Website | Pickle Barrel Gazette | Amazon

Smart Girls Surprise
by Jacquie Rogers

Oooh, do we ever have a surprise for you... well, a few of us at SGRR, anyway.  I can't tell you what it is--I can't even tell you which authors are the culprits--but I can give you a clip of a fun movie.

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers 
Barn Dance


Okay, I do have something that I can talk about, and that's the fabulous boxed set that's coming out October 15.  What's that, you ask?  It's Courting the West, and it's available for pre-order now, so get it while it's 99¢!


My contribution is Sleight of Heart.  I've mentioned the inspiration for the characters--the heroine, Lexie Campbell, is patterned after my mom's sister and the hero, Burke O'Shaughnessy, is a mash up of Maverick, James Bond, and Remington Steele.

But that was after the idea of the story came to me.  And where did it come from?  Heart.

Yes, he's a magic man, Momma.



Yep, we have a lot of good reading for you.  And I've only read half the books in Courting the West, so I'll be buying it, too.  What a deal!  Several of my favorite authors, plus one of my absolute favorite books of all time, which I'll re-read for the umpteenth time because I have no willpower whatsoever, The Most Unsuitable Bride by Caroline Clemmons.  

This is such a win!  I'm happy to be included and ecstatic to get to read all these wonderful stories.  And guess what?



Prizes every fifteen minutes and a grand prize of $50.  You get to schmooze with your favorite authors and talk about books and just about anything else you can think of.  Handsome cowboys, and oh, those chaps.  What could be more fun!  So please join us!



2 comments:

  1. I always loved the movie "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers." Loved the concept. I enjoyed your post very much and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vonnie! Yep, I love the dance numbers in those old movies. Would be nice if a few like that were made today.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!