Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Thursday, September 26, 2024

The Legendary Yeti by Laura Hunsaker

 I probably should be writing about something book-related, but honestly, I just really want to talk about Yeti.

He's my new dog.

This good boy was found trying to get into the fire station. One of the guys fostered him for about a month, but this skinny white husky pup needed a forever home. My husband sent me a photo of him without any context. Just a cute 1 year old husky pic. He took the kids to meet him, and the meeting went really well. We picked him up in August and we're almost 2 months into having him.

He's such a lovebug. I really expected a lot of issues since he'd been on the streets for who knows how long. But he just adores the kids and his favorite thing is his 3:00 nap. 

I've never been the type of person to allow dogs on my furniture, but well, he's won me over. He's also claimed a blanket as his own. Here he is after gathering it up for himself. It was flat on the couch (for dog hair purposes). He nibbles it, he moves it where he wants it, he burritos himself with it. He's just absolutely adorable. And he's my new couch buddy. 


I've started running again, I mean he's a 1 year old husky, so he needs activity. He and I go out every afternoon before dinner, and whoever is home in the morning takes him out then. But he and I have our runs every day, no matter what, and, wow. He's really fast. I don't know as I will ever truly be able to keep up with him, but he's kind enough to slow his pace for me LOL

And he is learning to play. He didn't play before we got him. In fact, we had to teach him to play fetch, and to play with toys. He's getting there. But you know what he does love? His blankie.

So this month, no book post, only the wild Yeti in his natural habitat-a cozy blanket. 


6 comments:

  1. New dogs are such an adventure. You never know how they are going to fit into your household, but somehow they always do. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family members are big supporters of rescuing dogs for adoption. The best dog ever was one our daughter found standing in the middle of the road. She calls him her "once in a lifetime" dog. We have other dogs that are rescues. Each has its own special personality. Congratulations on rescuing Yeti. And thank you for saving a dog's life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dog distribution system worked! LOL he just fell in our laps, so to speak, and how could we say no?

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!