Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Monday, November 16, 2020

Safe and Sane Thanksgiving by @JoanReeves #SmartGirlsReadRomance

I'm posting something completely different from what I had planned. I feel compelled to add my voice of caution to many others in the hope that readers will heed this advice.

Do yourself and your loved ones a favor and find a way to celebrate Thanksgiving without risking anyone's health.

Yes, COVID19 is on the rise again. Many have grown complacent and aren't as vigilant as back in the summer when we were all trying to flatten the curve.

The cases in Texas have exploded, especially far west of here in the El Paso area. After reading a post by my friend, Bonnie Edwards, who revealed how COVID19 surged after the Canadian Thanksgiving, I changed our holiday plans.

I've postponed my trip to visit my brother. Our family get-together for Thanksgiving and Christmas will now be by video. I don't want to be responsible for risking the health of anyone I love.

No Norman Rockwell Holiday

That's okay. We'll make it special. In the afternoon when everyone is digesting the big dinner and/or napping, read a romance novel and be swept away to a land where there is no COVID.

All of the authors of Smart Girls Read Romance, including me, have an Amazon Author page with their books listed. Pick one to read and have a wonderful holiday!

I'm online! Follow me or just say hello!

5 comments:

  1. So nice to hear a voice of reason in these challenging and chaotic times. You are absolutely right. Missing one year is preferable to causing someone to pass away, which would mean they missed every Thanksgiving from now on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you a wonderful holiday, Bea. Btw, when I commented on your GBC post, I forgot to say how much I enjoyed the history of it and of Campbell's cream soups. I still make casseroles with the Cream of Mushroom. I always keep a can in the pantry.

      Delete
  2. I'm with you 100%. We have decided we are not traveling and are having a quiet Thanksgiving dinner that my husband and I will cook together. I'll break out the Christmas decorations also. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that God will soon work this out. And I Believe he will. I saw where 1.5 million died of TB last year. I wonder why they didn't close everything down for that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!