Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Saturday, August 4, 2018

Moving, Wine, and Books @JacquieRogers #bookworm #Idaho


Chicken Dinner Paradise, Sorta 
by Jacquie Rogers

Summer's here and I nearly melted last week in Idaho.  The weathercaster said the temperature was 104, but my sister's thermometer nearly pegged at 109.  I might add that while Mr. R and I grew up in Idaho, we're now Seattle weenies.  That will change August 29th when we move into our new-to-us house.  No, it's not in Owyhee County where the Hearts of Owyhee books are set, but it's only a few miles on the other side of the Snake River.



We have a lot of work to do, and I mean a lot.  The kitchen has to be remodeled, and I don't mean redecorated.  The sink can stay in the same place but everything else will have to be moved.  Mr. R says he has a design in mind.  I'm hoping this doesn't take 20 years to get built.  If so, he'll be eating a lot of frozen dinners.

However, to do that remodeling, he'll have a 2,400 sq. ft. shop.  Okay, so we have to pull a few weeds before he can get into it.  It's been a year since anyone lived here so the yard could use some work.  I'm not so sure we should've bought a house on 1.25 acres, but be expecting watermelons for prizes next year. LOL.


The shed to the right could use a little work, too. Gulp.  At least the sellers left a riding lawnmower.  The neighbor says it doesn't work but to Mr. R, that's like waving a red flag in front of a bull.  He'll fix it.

There's some really good news--we have grapes!  Maybe I can try my hand at making wine.  Or not.  We're only a few miles from the Chicken Dinner Winery.  We're also only a few miles from a lake, and the grandsons just might like to go fishing.


Yes, I'll have time for some writing after the move and after our trip to Texas to see Caroline Clemmons and Oklahoma City for the Western Fictioneers convention.

My latest release is  a story titled A Family for Polly, and it's connected to A Family for Merry by Caroline Clemmons (read hers first, then mine) in a boxed set Under a Mulberry Moon.  So far, the reviews have been good.  Get your copy while it's only 99¢!


Before that book, I released the sixth book in the Hearts of Owyhee series, Much Ado About Mail-Order Brides.

ravenmyst33, Amazon Reviewer: "Jacquie Rogers has done it yet again! There isn't a book in this series that isn't full of fire, fun and love. The McKinnon family rocks from the parents all the way to the youngest son. But Bram? HAS to be my favorite. LOVE that cowboy!! Thank you, Jacquie for letting me fall in love in this world of mail-order brides, grooms, and in a wonderful setting. Hope that there are still a few stories left to tell in this series. I'll read every last one of them!"


Keep cool, and Happy Reading!


Click here to sign up for Jacquie's newsletter
Pickle Barrel Gazette

If you're on Snapchat, friend me!  My handle is jacquierogers.  You can get videos of Sassy's latest updates there.  And goofy pictures of her scribe.

Keep up with Jacquie Rogers' latest news at the

14 comments:

  1. Love your stories, Jacquie! Love your new home. You'll be able to provide us with even greater reads now you're back in Idaho! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! Right now I'm overwhelmed with all the stuff we have to do. Won't get back to writing until we're back from our trip at the end of September, so starting the fourth Honey book in October.

      Delete
  2. I so can't wait till you're closer... Congratulations on getting your new house and a book out and going on awesome shindig in Silver City all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't we have a great time at Silver! Yes, I'm excited to be back in Idaho, but I sure wish I could bring a few people with me. Sigh.

      Delete
  3. You'll be too busy to miss anyone for a while... getting settled in and unpacked is a huge chore. Not to mention the work you have to do on the property. I'm still working on a book I started 5 years ago...wait! make that 6 years ago. My MUSE was hiding... now it's back. I Hope! I am reading you on my iPhone... who needs a kindle? LOL Later, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get busy! Yes, I know it's hard to get back in the game, but keep plugging away.

      And you're right--I'll be too busy to think about much of anything for a while.

      Delete
  4. The rickety-looking shed next to Mark's workshop is the guesthouse, I assume? Well, I guess as long as it's not that far from the outhouse, that should work. Can't wait to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, that's an idea. I was going to make it into a goat house but Mr R put the kibosh on that. Hrmph. So guest house it is. Of course, we'll have an actual guest room in the house, too. Just for you!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post. Wish it weren't so far to Idaho. At least we're getting your closer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have a guest room! And it's only from your house to the airport. We'll pick you up in Boise.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on the "new" house. Enjoy the journey of renovation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am envious as I really like Idaho but don't think it's possible for us. I'll enjoy it vicariously through you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous.
    Rain Trueax.
    Wonder if thats
    her actual name.
    I gotta wanna find out...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!