Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Sunday, December 4, 2022

Holiday Season Already! #Books Are Great #Gifts by @JacquieRogers

 

 December? Christmas? Already?

Life and Times of a Country Gal

Here on Windy Hill Farm, we're working on Christmas preparations.  I'm hammering my credit card and cooking while Mr R is working on decorations inside the house and outside.  So far, he has lights on the back patio and, in front of the house, lighted candy canes and a snowflake.  He also bought a blowup Mickey Mouse but I have no idea what he's going to do with that.   

He did put up our small fake tree.



Our tree is kind of pathetic but we don't have room to put up a big one.  And someone needs to neaten up that bookcase.  Isn't it strange that we notice these things in photos but we can walk right by them a dozen times a day and never see them?  Well, I see it now. Hahaha.  Also looks like I better get to wrapping gifts.

Which reminds me of a story--a friend of mine who's a procrastinator (as am I) spent all Christmas Eve wrapping presents she'd purchased throughout the year.  When I saw her next, she had bandaids on all her fingers because she'd taped so much that it ripped the outer skin off her fingertips.  Don't do that!!!  Not a good idea.

We are getting in the spirit.  Mr R bought all the makin's for Christmas cookies.  I'll make a boatload of them and we'll take them to our local friends that we don't see very often.

I'll be making traditional cookies and a few keto cookies for diabetic friends.

Speaking of gifts, books are always a good suggestions, plus a Christmas story is a good way to destress from the holiday bustle.


This story works in with my Hearts of Owyhee series, and is set in Owyhee County, Idaho, where I grew up.  You can purchase it at Amazon.

Here's another story that's been popular with my readers:


I set this story where my aunt and uncle live in Garden Valley, Idaho.  It's a really beautiful area and they have  a gorgeous house made of square logs.  Needless to say, the cabin Rhoda is staying in is not nearly as nice.  You can buy this story at Amazon, too.




Until next month, Happy Reading!



If you're on TikTok, friend me!  My handle is @jacquierogersbooks.  
You can get videos of Honey Beaulieu and Sassy's latest updates there.  And goofy videos of her scribe.  Heck, we even do a few cooking videos.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I have to figure out how to bake them in my speed oven. The pumpkin cookies turned out pretty well so I'm ready for the big time now. Maybe. LOL

      Delete
  2. Oh, cookies... I like your little tree, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!