Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Partying with Author Ann Charles by @JacquieRogers

 

Partying with Author Ann Charles

On the Road Again (with Mr R, not Willie)

I think I'm a wanderer at heart, which is a bit strange since I grew up in Owyhee County and stuck mighty close to home until we moved to Seattle, and then we had only a couple of vacations in 30+ years.  But now we have our little 17' Casita Liberty Deluxe and I can't be bothered to sit at home very long.  Our last trip was to Garden Valley, Idaho, where we visited with relatives and also saw a couple of well-performed plays at the Starlight Mountain Theater.  We definitely plan to make that a habit in 2023.

Tillie the Tank got her name when we parked by a 45' motorhome
and an observer noted that our Casita looked like the propane tank to the moho.

This year, we're getting ready for a trip to Deadwood, South Dakota, where we'll hang out with my critique partner Ann Charles and her wonderful fans.  She has four full days of events planned.  I'm not going as an author--it'll be nice just to be a reader and a fan.  Here's the schedule if anyone would like to join us.  Believe me, you won't regret it!

Click for easier reading.

She won't be doing a raffle so I'm bringing a ruffle basket for the party on Thursday.


Not saying if this basket contains both Chicken Dinner Red
and Chicken Dinner White wines.

On the way to Deadwood, we plan to stop by the Fort Bridger Museum.  We've driven right by it at least five times and even stayed at the RV park across the street, so there's no time like the present to go.  Pictures posted here next month.  On the way home from Deadwood, we plan to stop by Devil's Tower.  Same reason.  We just never seemed to have the time when we drove by it before.  This time we hope to stay a few days.  I say "hope" because the October weather in Wyoming isn't exactly predictable.  We'll also stop by Rawlins (Fry Pan Gulch in the Honey Beaulieu series) and visit a friend of my daughter's.  But like I said, it all depends on the weather.

Once we get back home, we plan to have a cider pressing party!  Caroline Clemmons's Hero gave us the coolest cider press, so I've told all my friends to bring a bushel or two of apples, some cheesecloth, and their muscles.  A party we will have. :)  That probably will happen after my posting day so you won't see the results until my December post (unless you're on Facebook or TikTok).

Speaking of parties, my next readers' party will be on July 15, 2023--not sure if it will be in Homedale again, or in Silver City.  I'll keep you posted.

Until next month, Happy Reading!



If you're on TikTok, friend me!  My handle is @jacquierogersbooks.  
You can get videos of Honey Beaulieu and Sassy's latest updates there.  And goofy videos of her scribe.  Heck, we even do a few cooking videos.

3 comments:

  1. Can’t wait to see you two in Deadwood! Safe travels. —Ann Charles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for the Apple pressing party

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!