Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Merry Month of May by Paty Jager

I know that seems like an odd title for a blog post considering how many people around the world have been staying home and hoping they don't come into contact with Covid-19. 

However, even though I've had events I planned to attend canceled, I haven't been able to sit down and enjoy lunch with my writer friends, I can still find fun in the month of May!

May has been a favorite month for a long time. Back when I was a child, May was the month the buttercups would flower and that meant spring had arrived where I lived. Now I search the hills for Indian paint brush and lupine.

Then May became special because it is our anniversary month. In fact, today, I have been married to my always entertaining husband for 41 years. 

And May was the month my first book was published.

This year, May is special because my Tumbling Creek Ranch steamy contemporary western romance novellas are on sale. They are in an ebook box set for $0.99 during the month of May. If you haven't pick one up, now's the chance to get all three for a low price!

These books are set in Montana a state I have only visited a few times, but is a lot like the country where I grew up. I came to enjoy writing stories about the fictional Wallis family. There are more planned for this series. I just haven't written them yet.

Here's an excerpt from 8 Seconds to Love book one in the series.

She stared at him. “You care whether or not I get a chance to ride in the finals?”

“I don’t like you riding bulls, but I don’t like to see dreams crushed.” He put a hand on her shoulder. “Everyone needs a dream or goal. It’s what gets them out of bed every day.”

“What is your dream?” She stepped closer, nearly touching their bodies.

His body sprang to life at her nearness. He cupped the back of her head with his hand and brought her lips an inch from his. “To forget the past and take charge of the future.”

Her wide eyes stared into his. “How about take charge of the present?” The breath from her words whispered across his lips moments before she closed the inch between them.

She’d made her move, now it was time for him to make his. Jared opened his mouth and she followed. His tongue sought her moist heat and sweetness. He could tell by her clumsy attempts to mate her tongue to his, she had less experience. The knowledge only made him want to show her more.

The hand not cupping her head, slipped under her open shirt and cupped her breast. She moaned and pressed closer. He squeezed her breast and slid his leg between hers, lifting her slightly. Her body wiggled, and he felt her desire dampening his thigh.

A horse snorted and stamped a hoof.

He broke free of the kiss and lowered his leg. This wasn’t the place to bring her to an orgasm.

Lacey’s hand fisted in his shirt. She peered up at him. “Did I do something wrong?”

“No.” He nodded toward the barn and the buildings beyond. “I’m not a fool. Someone could come along…” He ran a hand through his hair. “I don’t want anyone to get the wrong impression about you or me.”

“What does that mean?” She released his shirt and took a step back.

“I won’t take advantage of you when you’re vulnerable.” The sparks in her eyes revealed he’d said the wrong thing. But he needed to keep her away. While he cared for her and God knew his body reacted to her without provocation, he didn’t want her in his life. She was too much like Anita. He couldn’t lose another woman he loved.

“I’m not vulnerable. I might have a bum arm, but I am sure as hell not vulnerable. I knew what I was doing when I pressed my lips to yours.” She spun away from him and marched into the barn.

The door slammed shut.

“No, you aren’t vulnerable. I am.”

Box set details:


Three steamy contemporary western novellas set on a Dude Ranch in Montana.

8 Seconds to Love

The bull rider brought into Jared McIntyre’s ER is the girl he couldn’t get out of his head the last fifteen years. During his tour in Iraq, he lost another thrill-seeking woman, and he isn’t about to let this one destroy her life.

Love Me Anyway

Melanie Trask ran away from an abusive husband and found a job at a dude ranch with a wonderful caring cowboy, Brett Wallis. When they can no longer deny their feelings, Brett offers to help her divorce her husband. But she has one more secret she hasn’t revealed…

The Wrong Cowboy to Love

Ruby Cutter allows her cousin, the bride, to give her a makeover for the upcoming wedding because she wants to catch the attention of her high school crush. But while she’s infatuated with one man, she may be falling for another…

Universal Buy link:     https://books2read.com/u/mv5w8X

Paty Jager is an award-winning author of 44 novels, 8 novellas, and numerous anthologies of murder mystery and western romance. All her work has Western or Native American elements in them along with hints of humor and engaging characters.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new box set, Paty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, Paty! I do love your writing and will take advantage of the sale. If these aren't new, I don't know how I missed them. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Caroline. That's high praise from someone who writes great books! Thank you! These aren't new. They started out in box sets with other authors, then I put them out as singles, but thought they'd make a great box set.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!