Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Friday, October 4, 2019

#Soup #Recipe and New Venue for Books! by @JacquieRogers



Where Do You Buy Books?
Plus Soup Recipes.

I have a lot of my books on Amazon in the Kindle Unlimited program, including the Hearts of Owyhee series.  I know a lot of readers really like KU and some can't afford to read without it.  

Hearts of Owyhee series
Read for free with Kindle Unlimited!

The downside to authors is that in order to enroll a book in KU, it has to be exclusive to Amazon.  That doesn't make our Nook, Kobo, or Apple readers happy.  Because of that, the Honey Beaulieu - Man Hunter series is available at all major online stores.

So what's the exciting news?  We have a new venue, and it's international!  It's called BookChain and you can see the first Honey Beaulieu book, Hot Work in Fry Pan Gulch in the catalogue now!  

Buy on Bookchain!

The other two books, Sidetracked in Silver City, and Blazing Bullets in Deadwood Gulch, will be included shortly.  This is a brand new site and I'm really hopeful that it will take off.  The people there are friendly and helpful so I'm rooting for them.  And us!  Because it gives all of us an alternative source to buy great books.  Woohoo!

So lets talk soup.  It's October and that means cooler weather (unless you're in Texas) and cooler weather means all kinds of soups.  So today, I'm going to tell you about one kind of soup that I make.  Warning: this will seem like an Instant Pot ad, but it's not.  I'm just an IP addict, and we addicts are referred to as "pot heads."  I kid you not.

The soup for October is... 
Tomato Basil with Chicken

Tomato Basil w/Chicken Soup (Instant Pot)
by Jacquie Rogers

1. Cook chicken
Place two frozen chicken breats (boneless/skinless) on the trivet.  Use 1 cup chicken broth or water, sprinkle chicken with salt, garlic powder, and a few fresh basil leaves--2 or 3 on each breast. Pressure on high for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the size. Full NPR.

2. Prepare veggies
Roast 5 or 6 tomatoes if you have fresh ones.  
Dice up:
1/2 cup (or more) Onion
1 cup (or less) Celery 
1/2 cup (or more) Green or red pepper
1 small Zucchini
1 or 2 Carrots
Whatever other veggies you have--be brave and throw them in
2 to 5 minced Garlic gloves 
4 to 10 basil leaves

3. When chicken is done, remove breasts and trivet.  Dump all the veggies into the chicken broth. Add a can of tomatoes, salt and pepper, and a splash of balsamic vinegar if you like it.  Maybe a little oregano or whatever else you think would be good.  Pressure on high for 20 minutes.  Full NPR.  While the veggies are cooking, shred the chicken and set aside.

4. When the pin drops, remove the lide and buzz the veggies with immersion blender.  Add a few more leaves of fresh basil and buzz some more.  Taste test.  Add salt and pepper if needed.  Add half and half or cream until it suits you (maybe 1/2 cup or a little more) and buzz again.  When the soup tastes right, stir in the shredded chicken.


Serve with chives, green onions, or a leaf of basil.  I sometimes add rice or serve with rice on the side.

Happy reading!  


Click here to sign up for Jacquie's newsletter
Pickle Barrel Gazette

If you're on Snapchat, friend me!  My handle is jacquierogers.  You can get videos of Sassy's latest updates there.  And goofy pictures of her scribe.

Keep up with Jacquie Rogers' latest news at the

10 comments:

  1. Let us know how the new book distribution channel works out, Jacquie. Thanks for the Instant Pot recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the recipe! i will try it soon, i love soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Enjoy! And if you're iffy about any part of it (I'm not a recipe person so who knows if the instructions are actually followable), send me a message on FB or email jacquierogers@gmail.com.

      Delete
  3. Soup for dinner on a chilly autumn night is wonderful. Thanks for the recipe. I'm also interested in how Book Chain works out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really curious as to whether BookChain will make a difference but I'm hoping they can develop a solid international market.

      Delete
  4. You got me hooked on IP recipes so last year I bought an IP and love it. I love that I can just walk away from it and continue at my computer because I am notorious for losing track of time. I blame it on the voices whispering in my ear. Great post, Jacquie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love new recipes for soup! It’s about my favorite thing to make! Thank you! You know I love your books too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love soups year round. Of course, I love your books all year, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!