Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Surviving October by Carolyn Hector


Surviving October 
by 
Carolyn Hector
Happy November! There are 48 days left until Christmas.

October was a crazy month.

First my son hurt his thumb during football practice, played the next game. I went off to my writer’s retreat and when I returned, his finger was black. Turned out he broke thumb. Then we had a hurricane.
We lost power from Wednesday afternoon to Monday afternoon. Everything in the fridge went bad. And the sad thing is… I have accepted I will not survive the Zombie Apocalypse.
During the hurricane we went out to help neighbors…as neighbors do… and two of my nephews decided to charge an old lady $100 for helping. It was an expensive hurricane. Feeding them was ridiculous. I wanted to grill the food from the freezer but without hot water there was no way to wash my hands. So we ate out the whole time. Oy! The no AC just about did me in!
After the hurricane, my son had surgery where the doctor inserted a pin in his thumb. I am a wimpy parent and began tearing up the moment they brought us back into the pre-surgery room. Let’s see, then I had surgery…gallbladder surgery. Do you know how often you use your stomach muscles?
Happy B-lated Halloween. My 15-year-old nephew still went trick-or-treating.... but he can pass for an 11 year-old with his cute adorable lil' face (he won't be pleased to read that.. if he reads this lol)  So I'll let him have that. I did manage to stay upright to make part of the luncheon at my office... I like to call these Monster Legs... or Witches Lets... sorry for the vegans reading.
Sheesh! I’m still off work right now. Then my oldest nephew had all four of his wisdom teeth taken out last week.
This gal is tired! And I still have a November 15th deadline for a proposal and a manuscript. Pray for me!
It is also Christmas movie season Hallmark is FINALLY putting out some diversity. Lifetime is stepping up their game as well. Checkout my list if you like.
Hopefully I’ll have more to share next month. Until then,
Happy Reading & Happy Writing
Xoxo

PS.. My book, Her Mistletoe Bachelor comes out this month! Don't forget to pick up your copy on November 21st or preorder your e-book December 1st 

After a public breakup, CFO Donovan Ravens plans to spend the holidays alone in a small-town hotel. But beautiful science teacher British Carres has other ideas for the space that the sexy bachelor booked—a contest starring her students. In British, Donovan sees a future he never expected. As they give in to their chemistry, a threat from the past could keep them from finding true love

He's the CFO for Ravens Cosmetics...and y'all... Beauty sells. 
She's a former beauty queen teaching young girls to be more than a pretty face. 
Pre-order 🎄🎅🏽🤶🏽Her Mistletoe Bachelor https://amzn.to/2CC0by3

Take one sexy brooding hero not looking for company👨🏽‍💼 , a quirky STEM teacher 👩🏽‍🔬 with a passion for New Edition, add in an overbooked boutique hotel 🏨 ... and BAM! 🔎🔥Instant Chemistry 
A Christmas Concoction hitting your favorite #RomanceTropes
🎄Opposites Attract
🎄Small Town Romance
🎄Forced Proximity 
🎄Tortured Hero
🎄Widow 






Other Buy Links for Her Mistletoe Bachelor
Google Books http://bit.ly/2oZIxLf





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!