Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Monday, August 26, 2024

Small Progress Is Still Progress by Laura Hunsaker

 I work in school for my day job, and we are going into our third week back. One of my coworkers asked me if I had gotten any writing done over the break (I get 4 weeks off during the summer). I did, but I didn't feel like it was all that much. Normally I get much more done. But lemme tell ya, my kids are living their best lives and I'm their ride. We were so busy.

But my coworker told me that I was a writing machine. My reply was that oh I'm definitely not. Two books a year is not a writing machine. I know authors who do 6 or more per year! It's wild how many words they can get done in a day! 

Why couldn't I have just said thank you and left it at that? 

It really changed the way I think about how I write though. I mean, I wrote two books in one year! That's fantastic! I may not get a book a month out, but I'm okay with that. I like what I do, and I'm proud of what I write.

So I hereby declare that if you wrote any words, you are a writing machine! And that's amazing! I'll shake my internet pom poms for you!

Right now I'm working on three projects:

1. The short story DREAMS OF THE FUTURE that is done, but in edits 

2. A Kenzie MacLir paranormal romance I'm co-writing 

3. The next book in the Fatal Instincts series that follows DREAMS OF THE FUTURE. It's getting good ;)

I think when I finish DREAMS I'm going to toast to all of us fellow "writing machines" and I'm going to remember that small progress is still progress.


Coming Soon...

Kate Landry is soon to be Kate Donovan, if only the groom would show up.


Maid of honor Cara Nguyen wants everything to go smoothly for her best friend's wedding, yet almost immediately, the wedding turns into a fiasco. Kate and Kyle deserve to have the wedding of their dreams, and Cara wants to make it happen. It’s hard to do when the flowers are delivered to the wrong location, the groom is missing, and the lovely sunny day has become a sweltering hot mess. She definitely doesn’t have time to get distracted by a sexy groomsman in a kilt.


Kyle Donovan is ready to marry the love of his life, but first he has to help some stranded guests…


Dash Helms is in the small town of Chester, California for his friend Kyle’s wedding, when he is immediately tasked to help. A caravan of wedding guests break down on their way to the venue, one of the groomsmen misses his flight, and the beautiful maid of honor is the only thing he can concentrate on. When Dash is asked to step in at the last minute as a replacement groomsman, of course he says yes. But the striking brunette he’s walking down the aisle wants nothing to do with him. 


With everything seeming to go wrong, what can go right?


In this wedding short story written for Kate and Kyle from Dark Past, the cast of the Fatal Instincts series comes together to celebrate their friends. With everyone in the same place at once, and romance in the air, can this small town handle them?




 

4 comments:

  1. You ARE a writing machine. Think of all the people who want to write but give nothing but excuses for why they can't. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, what Stephanie said. Have a good school year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!