Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Sunday, March 26, 2023

Stickers! by Laura Hunsaker

 I love stickers. I don't actually use them beyond the classroom, but I do have a couple of planners, and the stickers they make are so cute! But I get that weird anxiety of if I stick this cute sticker here, then what if I don't like it, or the sticker gets ruined...it's a whole thing. But I've noticed my students never have that issue. Cute sticker? Bam, on the hydroflask. Funny meme sticker? On the binder. No hesitating, no waffling, no issues, just bam. Cute stickers.

Then I remembered that I am an adult, and I have adult money. I can buy myself stickers any time I want. So I did. But it was cheaper to by 100 stickers than just a couple, so what to do with the extras? My planner got a couple, my laptop got one very special one (from a company called Probably Smut-this is not an ad, I just love the stickers). And I took all the rest (don't worry, none of the smutty ones lol) to my desk at work. Now, I've been incentivizing students with stickers. And it's worked!

The kids love it, parents love that it's not candy, and I love that everyone has really gotten a kick out of silly meme stickers. So I bought 600 more lol 

So now I'm trying to make myself use all of my cute planner stickers. When I hit word goals, I get a sticker. When I edit a chapter, I'm putting a sticker on that date in my planner. When I answer an email, I totally get a gold star. I've been writing more and making use of my planner more and more. 

In my new novel, coming out soon, my heroine uses a bullet journal, and she definitely uses stickers! Look for Lark and her bullet journal in Dangerous Past. Sneak a peek at the cover over on my website or by signing up for my newsletter!

www.laurahunsaker.com

So, how about you? Do you like stickers? Do you utilize them at all in a planner, or notebook, or journal? Or do you slap them on a water bottle whenever you visit a new place? 

This is the only sticker on my laptop. Baby steps! lol

These are the bookish stickers I bought from Probably Smut. Several now grace my Hydroflask :)


6 comments:

  1. I don't use stickers, but I like them. As the front of my fridge will attest, I'm a bit of a magnet whore. However, I don't use a planner, either, although I tried. I love the post, and I love the ideas. I'll bet the smutty stickers are...interesting. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are cracking me up- I found a book of stickers today that are supposed to be used with my planner. My problem though, in this ADHD brain of mine-that one planner doesn't do it. Every time I reinvent myself, I start a new planner, or new notebook, so I have dozens of them and since I found my stickers today, they all have stickers. Good luck with your book! oh and I need to smutty stickers for my friends ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like stickers. Some are so darn cute that I glued them to business card size magnets so I could stick them on my fridge. The best of both worlds.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!