Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Thursday, May 26, 2022

Summer Vacation Has Begun! by Laura Hunsaker

 I work in an elementary school and yesterday was our last day of school. Can I tell you how excited I am to have some down time? Oh wait, no I decided to work Summer School. I kid, I kid. It's actually really fun to work summer school where I am. That doesn't mean it isn't stressful closing out the year, cleaning classrooms out, and all that good stuff. But I did have to laugh that one of my student's parents gave me an end of the year gift...a bottle of pre-mixed margaritas.



This was hilarious and funny and seriously the best gift for your teacher friends ;)

But it really makes me want to sit on a beach and drink fruity drinks out of coconuts. So...I'm instead in my backyard with a margarita and editing a book, pretending I'm somewhere tropical. But this pretty much sums up my summer plans-beach, writing, enjoying a drink or two. How about you? It's summer vacation, do you have any vacations planned? 

And if you'd like a beach read, my book Dreams of the Past takes place in Last Chance Beach, and it's a low-angst and happy story.




She needs rest, he needs relaxation…


Jenny Travers wants a fresh start. Leaving the nightmares of her past behind her, she heads to Last Chance Beach. Renting the Sea Glass Cottage sounds peaceful and relaxing, which is exactly what she needs.


What she doesn’t need is a man.


Lieutenant Commander Scott Gordon was injured by an IED on his last mission, and while his leg has healed, it’ll never be strong enough to stay on his SEAL team. Renting the Sea Glass Cottage sounds like the perfect place to figure out how he’s going to handle his new normal.


He never expected to find a woman in his bed.


A mix-up at the rental agency means Jenny and Scott are both renting the small cottage. Sharing a space with a stranger should be hard, yet they both feel more at peace than they have in months.


Will their summer romance last, or is the magic of Sea Glass Cottage all they’ll have…


*This short story was previously published in the Last Chance Beach: Summer's End box set. It has an updated cover, some new content, and is available at all ebook retailers instead of just through Amazon's Kindle Unlimited.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It seems too short and it's just barely begun! LOL

      Delete
  2. I love margaritas and fun reads. Have a great time with summer school. You're brave! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!