Many people, well, three, actually, have wondered what I’m doing during the necessary Stay at Home order that has changed our entire way of life. I’m single and I don’t have any kids. Has the isolation taken its toll? Have I managed to adjust? I’m immunocompromised, so staying at home is a necessity. I’ve ventured out only once a month to obtain the necessary supplies. Would the isolation get to me? Would I become discouraged, depressed, despondent?
Well, I have thrived!
I’m such an introvert that staying at home isn’t a punishment for me. I work at home now, anyway, and there’s always something fun to do in the Kingdom of Bea.
Here are just a few of the things I’ve done to pass the time.
- I’ve started eating healthy food. Okay. I ate all my snacks the first day and had to rely on the healthy stuff for the rest of the month. But it’s been great.
- I’ve taken up French and immersed myself in the
culture. Mais oui.
- I've cleaned off my desk. Well, I actually just took everything from my desk and stuffed it into my bookcase. But I’ll go through the piles any day now. Really.
- I've learned to Zoom and learned also, to hate it. Looking like the Walking Dead on camera and going with the technological glitches has been, er, educational. Love learning new things.
- I've journaled. “Dear Diary, This morning I hiked all the way across my backyard. I discovered new flora and fauna. Actually, I found some poison ivy in the corner of the yard and got stung by a mosquito. Surviving in the wilderness is challenging."
I've experimented with new fashions.
Mask by Sheri Easley
- I've spent time with the fur babies. They were thrilled that I was spending every waking moment with them.
- I've competed in the Hunger Games and won. Score!
Staying at home is the only way to flatten the curve, people. Except for absolute necessity (This does not include cabin fever or boredom), stay home! And thank you to all the people who can’t stay home who are keeping our country running. Be safe and healthy.How have you been spending your time?
Bea Tifton, or Bea as she likes to call herself, is currently working on the first Emerson and Riley cozy mystery. She will let you know when it's ready for purchase. She will let EVERYONE know when it's ready for purchase.