Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Wednesday, December 24, 2014

I'LL DO IT WHEN.....


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. It's amazing to think another year is almost over and my old friend, procrastination, is still haunting me. Sure, we make plans and resolutions to do better, get better or just be better. Then we feel guilty for not following through.

Sometimes, we need a good scare to set us on a new path. After some scary lab reports, I've made more of an effort to exercise and lay off the sugar. Both have been difficult, but the results are worth it. Shin splints, a pulled calf muscle and cravings for anything sweet not withstanding.

The exercise thing fits into the category of "I'll do it when the weather is nice." I live in Texas, we seldom have perfect outdoor walking weather. But, I have a nice recreation center full of machines and a covered pool. And cheap. No more excuses.

My writing had been another victim to the "I'll do it when..." excuse. For years, I was involved in our RWA chapter's contest. It consumed a lot of my time.  My writing took a hit because I told myself, I'll do it when the contest is over.This year, I turned it over to someone else so that excuse is no longer valid.

Thanks to my critique partners, my writing is progressing and, hopefully, improving. There are days when I think, I'll sit down and write after I clean the house or I'll do it when I'm not so busy.

All this means is that I'm stuck on a plot twist and avoiding the empty page on the computer. Time to say, I'll do it NOW!

1 comment:

  1. You hit the nail on the head! Procrastination is my middle name! You are right - the time is NOW! Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!