Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Christmas Top Ten by Liz Flaherty

When I have nothing to say--like today--I will post a list...of some kind. Of course, today, I don't have a fresh idea for a list, either. Just give me a minute...be patient...I'll think of something. 

So, some Christmas favorites. And please feel free to join me with most-beloveds of your own. so, here are mine.

1. Song: "Mary, Did You Know?" (That's this year.)

2. Movie: Scrooge, the 1951 version with Alastair Sim. (And a couple dozen others.)

3. Cookie: Cherry Winks, spritz, chocolate-caramel chip, shortbread, iced sugar...oh, sorry, got carried away...

4. Present: A sewing machine. 

5. TV episode: Andy Griffith Show, Season 1, Episode 11. Gunsmoke, "P. S. Murry Christmas." I know, I know...that's two. 

6. Tradition: Air oats, the story my husband told the kids about what grew in the fallow fields that allowed reindeer to fly. 

7. Christmas tree: Any and all. Right now, we have a white tree in the house with blue lights and blue garland and all our treasured ornaments on it and I love it. I also love the little kitchen tree and the one in the office and...

8. Event: Christmas Eve candlelight service. Just something special there. 

9. Wish: Peace on earth, good will toward all. (There are things in life, like this wish and chocolate fudge, that can't be improved on.)

10. Candy: Speaking of fudge...

There's my Top Ten. What are yours? Thanks for sharing, and Merry Christmas to you and yours!


You’re invited behind the scenes of a romance movie set in small, snowy Christmas Town, where you’ll discover eight feel good, sweet romances unfolding among the film’s cast and crew.

"It's like 8 Hallmark movies all in one!" 5 Stars ARC Reviewer

Welcome back to Christmas Town, Maine!

2 comments:

  1. We always watch the Muppets' Christmas Carol at our house for Christmas. My parents and sister watch a whole bunch of Christmas movies every year, but that is the one I watch with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!