Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Friday, April 5, 2024

Remembering Virginia ~ Sherri Easley

Sometimes people come into your life unexpectedly and make your world a better place.

Just a short time ago, I was writing my first novel and stumbling my way through the process. When it came time for the cover, my friend Caroline introduced me to Virginia.

I did not know how the process worked or how to go about turning the vision in my head onto a shiny piece of artwork, but Virginia knew exactly what to do.

We went through a few renditions, and with Virginia’s excellent hand, a cover was born.

Since publishing my book, I have helped at least 4 other folks self-publish books, and one thing I tell them is there is no better feeling than to hold a book in your hands with your name on it and Virginia helped me with that.    

I followed Virginia on social media and enjoyed her sense of humor, but I will remember Virginia through her kindness and her incredible artwork. I was truly blessed to have known her.




 



Virginia Mary McKevitt

AUGUST 30, 1954 – MARCH 11, 2024

Virginia Mary McKevitt, age 69, of Tarpon Springs, Florida passed away on Monday, March 11, 2024.


4 comments:

  1. She did the covers for my how to grow vegetables pamphlets and was very generous with her time and art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was very patient with me - and then with my friend when I gifted her a cover. She was amazing.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!