Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Thursday, January 4, 2024

New Year, New Adventures by @JacquieRogers

 New Adventures in 2024! 


I don't know about you but I'm plenty happy to see 2023 fade into memory and 2024 roll in.  Not that I had a terrible year, but 2023 sure seemed like a long slog.  Nothing came easy, that's for sure.  But before I get into all that, here's this:


Our family managed to get through the holidays unscathed, which was made easier because my son and granddaughter were here for a week.  He installed a new kitchen faucet so now I can actually get water to both sides of the sink.  Win!  On the down side, I still haven't found all the presents I bought for people.  I guess they'll get them for 2024 birthdays.  No one seemed too disappointed with their gifts, and I certainly did get a haul.  One thing I'll be using is the teensy refrigerator for the car, which I'll be bringing along on our RV trips.  Also the fluffy slippers and hoody blanket will come in handy. ☺

My greenhouse is finished!  And yes, I've already planted (and killed) some seeds, so this is round two.  I found out that once the seeds sprout, I need to take them off the heated mat and also remove the humidity dome.  Live and learn.  We'll see how round two fares.  I've planted basil, spinach, green onions, and petunias--mostly because those four plants are super easy to grow and I thought they'd be good for practice.  I've never had or used a greenhouse before.  Farming, I know--fancy schmancy greenhouses are a whole 'nother story.

For reading, I've been into biographies lately.  How about your New Year book choices?

Stay safe, and until next month, Happy Reading. 📚😍


If you're on TikTok, friend me!  My handle is @jacquierogersbooks.  
You can get videos of Honey Beaulieu and Sassy's latest updates there.  And goofy videos of her scribe.  Heck, we even do a few cooking videos.

2 comments:

  1. I really think I need a greenhouse. I could kill plants soooo much more easily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! A greenhouse. Congrats. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!