Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Monday, September 2, 2019

HAPPY LABOR DAY!

By Caroline Clemmons



Happy Labor Day! Labor Day celebrates the millions of men and women who are in the U.S. workforce. This holiday is also the traditional end of summer celebration. Even though our temperatures are still hot here in North Central Texas, leaves are falling from the trees. If you are one of the many who has today off work, I hope you are enjoying the day doing what you love.

Writing is what I love and that's what I'm doing today.  Most writers work every day, rain or shine, holiday or not. I work in a tiny office the family calls my pink cave because...well, it's pink and I tend to hibernate there.

Actually I have a large
flat monitor.


There are several good things about my office:

1. My commute is only a few steps from the bedroom

2. My office is close to the kitchen for Cherry Dr Pepper refills

3. I can work in my pajamas or old sweats or odd long skirts if I want to—and I do.

My daily assistants, a.k.a. the cats, sometimes try to help. Cozy but I’d rather they didn’t. Sebastian wants to sit on my left arm. He's fascinated by my cell phone. He weighs twenty-one pounds and it’s hard to type with him laying on my arm. In addition, he wants me still with no fingers moving. Needless to say, he soon becomes disgusted and leaves his post.  He also doesn’t like for me to stay up late, which I do. I think he may be channeling my late mom.

Sebastian supervising the household.


Max is our Manx cat. Often he is content to sit beside my keyboard and that’s fine. It’s when he wants to play with my fingers that I mind him being in my office. Then, he tries to bite my fingers to keep them still. Or, maybe he wants me to move over so he can write his own book. You never know with cats.

Max ready to pounce on my fingers.


Jasmine is content checking on me occasionally. When it’s mealtime, she calls her special little yip and leads me to the kitchen. I mean it, she does not meow. She yips almost like a dog but not at all like a cat. She's very sweet and affectionate even if she's a little shy. 

Jasmine offering critique.


From my feline assistants and me, have a safe and happy week. 

By the way, if you're looking for an entertaining book to read this week, let me tell you about AN AGENT FOR MAGDALA, The Pinkerton Matchmaker Series book 37. It's set briefly in Denver and Santa Fe but mostly in San Antonio, Texas. I love visiting San Antonio and hope you'll love reading about old San Antonio in 1871. A lot has changed and a lot is still the same. Twenty-two 5-star review. Only $2.99 or free in KU. It's also available in paperback.


Buy link:  https://www.amazon.com/Agent-Magdala-Pinkerton-Matchmaker-Book-ebook/dp/B07V3G4QHY

The cover is by Virginia McKevitt, who has done beautiful covers for the entire series. This cover model has the hair I'm sure I was intended to have. Sigh. No such luck.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha. It's hard to write books without moving your fingers and with a 21-pound cat on your arm, but we're glad you manage. Looking forward to reading your latest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your assistants are so darling, even if they rest on your arm. Now the trick is to teach them to type. Best of luck with promotion of "An Agent for Magdala." Beautiful cover, as always.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!