Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Once More, With Feeling by Vonnie Davis

Yesterday, I released a self-published book that had been published six years ago by The Wild Rose Press. I don't know if it was the title I'd chosen or that I was still a new author, but the series didn't sell well at all. I got the rights back and changed some characters' names, updated technology, added roughly 15,000 words, gave it a new title and a different series name.

What was originally Mona Lisa's Room, book one of The Red Hand Conspiracy became NIKO: Licensed to Kill, Paris Intrigue--Book One.

To protect buyers, I listed on Amazon's description the book was previously published under another title and what it was.



Why give a book with lack-luster sales another try? Because the series is set in Paris and is full of my memories of places we'd visited and things we saw on our trips over there. The series was a labor of love. Every time I work on one of the books, it's like being back in the city I so adore.

In two months, JEAN-LUC: Once is Never Enough releases and finally BASTIAN: The Spy Who Loves Me.


Will the books sell any better this time around? I hope so. If not, I've had such fun getting them ready to market again, the process was worth it.

If you enjoy romantic suspense in an exotic place with page turning action as my characters try to keep ahead of the terrorists, give them a try. Oh, and if you enjoy humorous, sexy banter and situations that will make you laugh out loud, you will definitely want to fly on my magic carpet ride of words to Paris...the Normandy coast...and Budapest...and Berlin.

www.vonniedavis.com

9 comments:

  1. Congrats, Vonnie! Love the new titles. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this book and loved it! I felt as if I were experiencing Paris as well as on the suspense-filled chase with Aly and Niko. Is the third book Bastian--the German saxophone player or someone else? Can't wait to read the next one! Left a review but should have made it longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Bastian the saxophone player is the hero in the third book. You'll learn more of him in book two. Not much, enough to spark an interest. I'm thrilled you enjoyed book one...Niko's story. Thanks for the review. I'll have to go read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new releases. This sounds like a series I'd enjoy, especially with those settings. Paris is on my must-visit list, but for now I'll have to go there through the pages of NIKO: License to Kill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you go, rent an apartment. Believe it or not, it's actually cheaper than a hotel. That's what we do. We use a company based in NJ and they are very responsive and quick to return your security deposit. All 3 books begin in Paris and then move to another destination.

      Delete
  5. I love the covers. Did you design them yourself or hire an artist? The releases all sound intriguing. I've put Niko on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the pictures from Deposit Photos after days of looking and deciding on the look I wanted the series to have. Author Kelly Moran designed the covers for me and did the interior formatting.

      Delete
  6. I love Paris, too. Glad you repackaged. Great titles. Good luck. Hope they sell like hot croissant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!