Caroline Clemmons posting for Mary Adair
As Jacquie Rogers told you a few days ago, she has reversed the trail of pioneers and “Gone to Texas” from Seattle on her way to the latest Pioneer Hearts Author and Reader Meet Up at WinStar Casino’s Legends Restaurant and Grille near the Texas/Oklahoma state line. (That is, she is on her way here.) Of course, you are invited! RSVP to Kirsten Osbourne on Facebook. Although most of the authors will be western historical writers, several contemporary authors will also attend.
I’m excited about this for numerous reasons:
1. Jacquie and I have been online friends for years and have even written a duet together, MAIL ORDER TANGLE. Her book is MAIL ORDER RUCKUS, which describes Jacquie and all of her books. J She can and does raise a ruckus! If you doubt me, join her Facebook group, Pickle Barrel Bar and Books at https://www.facebook.com/groups/JacquieRogers/. My addition to the duet is MAIL ORDER PROMISE. Hmmm, that hero and heroine raise a bit of a ruckus, too. By the way, this duet of books is available from Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Mail-Order-Tangle-Caroline-Clemmons-ebook/dp/B00MZ6ZRXC/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1486505448&sr=8-23&keywords=Caroline+Clemmons
2 . I’ll get to visit with authors I don’t often have a chance to see face-to-face, such as Callie Hutton, one of my favorite authors. As well as her historical westerns, I enjoy her Regency romances.
3. I’ll have the opportunity to talk to readers and give out swag contributions. That’s always fun.
4. Who doesn’t love the chance to have lunch with friends?
5. I’ve never been to WinStar Casino and feel my education has been neglected. I don’t gamble, but don’t mind watching others indulge.
6. This gives us me opportunity to stop at the locally famous Bucky’s on the way home. If you haven’t heard of the place, it’s a monstrously successful tourist trap on Interstate 35 near Alliance Airport selling everything from barbecue grills to fudge—and petrol. You caught that they sell fudge, didn’t you? Several flavors including maple walnut, which is my favorite.
Kirsten Osbourne organizes these events and will be at this one. If you haven’t joined her Facebook Groups, Pioneer Hearts and Contemporary Western Hearts, you’re missing interacting with authors and like-minded readers, contests, giveaways, and fun events.
PIONEER HEARTS -- https://www.facebook.com/groups/pioneerhearts/
CONTEMPORARY WESTERN HEARTS -- https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=contemporary%20western%20hearts
Hope to see you Saturday, February 11, at Legends Restaurant and/or on Facebook!