Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Christmas envy...

It’s that time of year where I get carried away with everyone else’s posts and pictures concerning Christmas. I’m so jealous of everyone… that makes it okay if I admit it, right?

One of these days I’m going to have a huge house to decorate (and probably complain about having to decorate it). What do you like? Crazy full on can-be-seen-from the moon or something simple. 

I want to have the type of tree where everything is color coordinated.

  
I want enough space to throw huge parties. Every year we do the traditional drive-thru the neighborhood and look at all the lights. There’s one house on Westmoreland (drive, circle, place,… one of those)… anyways.. They ALWAYS have a ton of cars in the driveway and street. I’m often tempted to pull over and just walk in just to see if they notice. These strangers are my idols. I’m not weird, I promise you.










The Galaxy put up the tree last night. .. and of course “forgot” to put up the boxes and other stuff… and with the A/C on the fritz, it was hard to get in the spirit.
Also.. it’s like 70 degrees and muggy right now.

We went out and took pictures…. 6 kids… 30+ photos. If 4 looked GREAT.. two had their eyes closed. I swear trying to get a family photo reminds me of stringing up Christmas lights… one goes out they all go out. But we eventually got a decent shot. What do ya think?


Well as far as writing goes, bah hum bug! I didn't complete NaNoWriMo. BUT.. I did make progress on the manuscript that is actually contracted and has a due date :P  And this book is scheduled to come out winter 2017... yes.. it's a Christmas book---I am a sucker for them. 
Speaking of Christmas books.. two years ago I received "the call"... and became a published author with Harlequin. 

Barnes & Noble http://bit.ly/2cRNkaO

I have a new website... nothing professional (as you can see from above.. I have 6 kids at home).... but check me out if you get a chance. 

Well until next year.... Happy Reading! Happy Writing! 


4 comments:

  1. 6 kids? My goodness, when do you find the time to write or do anything else? *LOL* All things considered, the website's looking pretty good. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep.. not all mine biologically. Four of my boys are my brother's kids (he passed away.. RIP). I have to make up a schedule for myself.. and I wake up (or try) every weekday at 5 am.

      Delete
  2. Great picture of the children, despite your many tries! Kids are fun. Kids make a person laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your Christmas photos. Wow, that second house is really over the top! With six kids I'm guessing your days are never dull. How do you ever find time to write?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!