Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Thursday, October 6, 2016

Well-behaved women rarely make history...

So now that I have the Galaxy living with me, I decided that I should give back to the school system here in town. When I say I decided… I really mean the parent liaison so sweetly asked if I’d join. 
I’d learned for years to not make eye-contact with these folks for 12 years while my daughter was in school.  
But this parent liaison is such a sweetheart that of course I said yes. She's the kinda sweet that she could sell me a doughnut after I've worked out. Honestly, I was kind of shocked that she asked me to be on the PTO because well... when you look at me, PTO is not the first thing to come to mind. I wasn't always an angel. 


My idea of the PTO/PTA has always been that of the  Harper Valley PTA 


… does that tell my age? I was like 7 when that show came out…anyway… 




I do recall always being drawn to “the bad girl” or at least what people perceived as the “bad girl”. They always had a story. 




Hmmm.. what were my influences? 
Vanity 6's "Nasty Girl" 


      


Anyways…………. I have been missing out! The PTO and all the council meetings are a plethora of plot ideas! There are strong women to use as muses and then there's the annoying group. I've been trying to keep a bit of a diary of these events on my FaceBook Page with my 9/20 and 9/23 updates. These people are really interesting... everyone has a story... and as writers know.. we can look at someone and come up with a story (in our heads) about that person whether it's true or not.  NaNoWriMo is coming up… so those who piss me off in these meetings beware….






What am I working on? Well.. I am editing (hey Caroline!) a book I wrote for my Special Tasks Bureau ... -technically it's book one in the series-....about a not-so-well behaved woman--a woman milking a small-town cop for information....at least that's what she tells herself each time she goes back to him. 











I sent the proposal last week. Wish me luck please! 



So speaking of girls with bad reputations… I am currently reading Naomi Chase’s Speechless


LOVING IT! 














I mentioned NaNoWriMo 2016 is coming up. I've got some ideas. I've been blessed with the task of writing a holiday story for my Winter/2017 book... and in case you missed what kind of person I am....

Hallmark released it's 2016 Holiday Movie Schedule and I am so totally ready for them. It's been a dream of mine to write a Hallmark Christmas book-to-movie or one of the TV channels. Y'all know me by now know how strongly I feel about diversity .

Kick off your holiday romance with a new book... an anthology to be exact


As always, Happy Reading! Happy Writing! Carolyn





  


Are any of you on Instagram or Twitter.. hope to see ya there!


3 comments:

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!