Smart Girls Read Romance

Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog. Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Well-behaved women rarely make history...

So now that I have the Galaxy living with me, I decided that I should give back to the school system here in town. When I say I decided… I really mean the parent liaison so sweetly asked if I’d join. 
I’d learned for years to not make eye-contact with these folks for 12 years while my daughter was in school.  
But this parent liaison is such a sweetheart that of course I said yes. She's the kinda sweet that she could sell me a doughnut after I've worked out. Honestly, I was kind of shocked that she asked me to be on the PTO because well... when you look at me, PTO is not the first thing to come to mind. I wasn't always an angel. 


My idea of the PTO/PTA has always been that of the  Harper Valley PTA 


… does that tell my age? I was like 7 when that show came out…anyway… 




I do recall always being drawn to “the bad girl” or at least what people perceived as the “bad girl”. They always had a story. 




Hmmm.. what were my influences? 
Vanity 6's "Nasty Girl" 


      


Anyways…………. I have been missing out! The PTO and all the council meetings are a plethora of plot ideas! There are strong women to use as muses and then there's the annoying group. I've been trying to keep a bit of a diary of these events on my FaceBook Page with my 9/20 and 9/23 updates. These people are really interesting... everyone has a story... and as writers know.. we can look at someone and come up with a story (in our heads) about that person whether it's true or not.  NaNoWriMo is coming up… so those who piss me off in these meetings beware….






What am I working on? Well.. I am editing (hey Caroline!) a book I wrote for my Special Tasks Bureau ... -technically it's book one in the series-....about a not-so-well behaved woman--a woman milking a small-town cop for information....at least that's what she tells herself each time she goes back to him. 











I sent the proposal last week. Wish me luck please! 



So speaking of girls with bad reputations… I am currently reading Naomi Chase’s Speechless


LOVING IT! 














I mentioned NaNoWriMo 2016 is coming up. I've got some ideas. I've been blessed with the task of writing a holiday story for my Winter/2017 book... and in case you missed what kind of person I am....

Hallmark released it's 2016 Holiday Movie Schedule and I am so totally ready for them. It's been a dream of mine to write a Hallmark Christmas book-to-movie or one of the TV channels. Y'all know me by now know how strongly I feel about diversity .

Kick off your holiday romance with a new book... an anthology to be exact


As always, Happy Reading! Happy Writing! Carolyn





  


Are any of you on Instagram or Twitter.. hope to see ya there!


3 comments:

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love to have comments...as long as they're not spam. Pour your heart out, but please don't try to sell something with your comment. We love readers and love their comments.