Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Reading a new Genre

Hi All,

As many of you know, I write the Romantic Suspense, Falcon Securities Series. I love Suspense and have a list of writers I read faithfully. I'm happiest chin deep in a good action read. But, I also read other genres, often written by the same authors.

I've often wondered how a writer could switch around like that and still write a great story that I loved reading. I don't have the answer, but I tried it myself in my latest release. I wrote an Erotic Romance that I think is very vanilla. No hard core stuff for me.

In writing a different genre I worried about how it would affect my series that is very successful. I found several readers crossed over from WRONG ROOM Room to my Falcon Series and enjoyed them both. I was very surprised.

When I questioned my street team they said, first they make a connection with the writer while reading their book. If they enjoy the read, they want more of what that author writes, the genre doesn't  matter.
They're actually buying our voice because it shows up in every book we write.

Walk on the wild side, try new reads, buy a book from an author you've never read before, try different genres and set your imagination free. I hope you'll try my new Erotic Romance novella. WRONG ROOM is the first installment in the Accidental Pleasures series.



Amazon:

4 comments:

  1. I read the excerpt and am going to buy the book today! Hope all is going well for your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Geri. This is a fun story, but I love the Falcon series best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to come clean. I have all the Falcon books on my Kindle, along with gazillion other books, but I haven't read them yet. I have however read 'The Wrong Room' and Karren you will not be disappointed. It's a great little book and a really good story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like another Gero Foster book I need to get. I find writing in other genres makes it fun to go back to your original genre. Keeps things interesting. Congrats on trying something new.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!