Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Saturday, May 2, 2020

MAY BRINGS A NEW RELEASE!


By Caroline Clemmons

If you’re a fan of musicals, you probably remember the song from “Camelot” about May. Julie Andrews sang the song on Broadway. Her costars were Richard Burton and Robert Goulet. If you care to hear the song, try the video.


I’m a fan of May. The weather is not too hot and not too cold. I have seedlings almost ready to transplant into a flower bed.

Mostly, I write. This isolation hasn’t changed my life much. I do miss seeing our daughters. I would love to hug them. I’m saving up hugs and will probably crush the dears when I can finally get my arms around them.

As I said, I’m writing. This Friday, I’ll release BEATRICE in the Widows, Brides, and Secret Babies series, book 10. This is a novella that was fun to write. The name came from my father’s stepmother. Like the heroine in BEATRICE, my step-grandmother was called Attie. That’s the only thing they share.

Beatrice "Attie" Garton Gallahar
 Johnson Patterson Meeks Reynolds.
Garton was her maiden name. Mr. Gallahar
took French leave then she married my
grandfather Johnson who died 8 years later.

The real Attie had a pretty sad life. She was a woman who needed a man to take care of her and who needed to take care of a man. After my grandfather died, Attie married again—and again. Her husband died because she always married a man who needed someone to take care of him. She was a lovely woman whose photos don’t do her justice. Her face was smooth and lovely, her eyes clear blue and sparkling, and her hair was beautiful.

The Attie in BEATRICE started with a terrible life but what happens? This is a romance so the hero and heroine live happily ever after! Hooray! The story is where they started and how they get to the happy ending.

That’s why I love writing romance. Real life may be difficult, but a romance novel always offers cheer. Books offer comfort and a chance to travel to another place and time. For however long you require to read a book, you are transported and your cares disappear for a while.

Romance authors don’t guarantee to solve your problems. We do guarantee a chance to escape your problems and let the author’s words bring you hope that tomorrow will be better. Anyway, that's my goal when I write.



Here’s the blurb for BEATRICE:
Beatrice “Attie” Kendall has to escape from home with her six-week-old son. With the help of her kind brother, she goes to Atlanta where she consults a matchmaker. After the hard life Attie’s been dealt for her twenty years, she’ll finally have a good home with nice people and a friend nearby.  In fact, her husband and their home seem too good to be true. Does she dare trust that her life has really changed?

Tate Merritt isn’t ready to get married but he gives in to his grandfather’s coercing. Grandpa raised him and Tate tries to please the older man. Tate doesn’t know what to think about this mail-order bride. She isn’t at all the wife he imagined—plus, she showed up with a baby! The child’s a cute little thing but Tate isn’t sure how he feels about her surprising him. How can he trust a woman who keeps altering her story?

Life presents obstacles to further complicate Attie and Tate’s marriage. They’ll have to work together to solve their problems and protect their family.  Can they trust one another enough to make this marriage work?


The Universal Amazon link is https://mybook./to/Attie

I hope you'll buy and read BEATRICE

Thanks for stopping by today. I’ll write to you next month.     

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this one and I also love to use names of relatives in my books. I recently found several new ones on Ancestry and it's fun to use them in a story and pretend what they were like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the month of May with all the flowers and blooms. And I love the music from "Camelot," especially the "Camelot" theme."Beatrice" sounds like a great read. Best of luck with sales and promotion...and write on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have the Camelot soundtrack. I think it was on a cassette and it wore out. I'm looking forward to reading Beatrice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I see the 'entertainment' that is advertised on TV, I think more than ever how important romances like yours are. Why depress ourselves in an already depressing time? We need uplift and romances provide that along often with some action.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!