Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Confessions From One of "Those People"

By Carolyn Hector

First and foremost, Happy Fall, Y'all! And Happy Pumpkin Everything. 





So like, today there are 79 days left before Winter Holiday. Yes… GASP!! I said it… I am one of “those people”




But before you judge me and beg me to at least get through Halloween, please remember I am from Florida. Last year for December 25th I had the A/C running. I swear we have 10 months of heat and so the minute it starts getting cold (68 degrees) I start singing Christmas Carols. I find myself hitting the seek button on the radio
for the cheerful tunes (all except that one about the shoes for the dying mom).

I used to take my kids Trick-or-Treating at the mall and pass stores already putting up their holiday decorations and get so excited.
Remember how the school supply list always got me excited to start writing? Well, I use a few of those notebooks to start my lists—of course there is one notebook used for gifts for the kids, but the other is a notebook for me and my list of books I want to read. And let’s give a big round of applause for RT Magazine (Romantic Times Mag) for prepping me with Christmas list of books in this month's issue 











I’ve written a total of 25 manuscripts and out of all of them, I think about 5 are some form of Christmas theme. Forgive me! I love the idea of big bulky sweaters, kissing in front of a fireplace, and of course snow! It's all so romantic to me. 




It all just makes me want to start writing. Oh yeah! NaNoWriMo http://nanowrimo.org/ starts up next month. Are you plotting? 


Welp....here’s something I hope to find under the tree this year.  what’s making my list this year 


http://www.wildrosepublishing.com/maincatalog_v151/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=195&products_id=6500


I promise...sort of... That I haven't been too naughty this year!



What's on your holiday list (pumpkin, turkey, or otherwise)?










1 comment:

  1. I'm another person who is crazy about Christmas. Already have a list of gifts I intend to buy and have purchased a few.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!