Smart Girls Read Romance -- so do the bestselling and award-winning Authors who write this blog.
Join them as they dish about Books, Romance, Love, and Life.






Friday, August 28, 2015

Taking the Plunge into YA!

I've pondered an evolving story/series for years, but sensed it needed to be YA. The urge to write in the young adult genre grew as I spent time in the company of my now teenage nieces. We invariably watched YA TV shows and movies together and discussed aspects we liked and those we didn't. Eventually, I shared my own story ideas. With much cheering on, I decided to write Secret Warrior, a YA fantasy romance series set in the mountains of the Shenandoah Valley (modern-day) in a remote region called Fort Valley, with a unique Native American/werewolf twist. 

The primal beauty and intriguing history of this hidden valley, combined with my knowledge of the Shawnee tribe, the lore of the mountain people, and draw to fantasy, inspired me. I'm drawing on what I already know and love, and weaving in those elements with younger characters. Although the series is targeting teens, adults will also enjoy Secret Warrior. I'm delighted The Wild Rose Press offered me a three book contract. Book one, The Hunter's Moon, is in the galley stage now. Each story is novella length. I thoroughly enjoy working on this series, and am glad I took the plunge.

I love my gorgeous cover by Debbie Taylor!


Story blurb for The Hunter's Moon:

Seventeen year old Morgan Daniel has been in the witness protection program most of her life. But The Panteras have caught up with her and her younger brother. Her car is totaled, she's hurt, and the street gang is closing in when wolves with glowing eyes appear out of nowhere and chase away the killers.

Then a very cute guy who handles a bow like Robin Hood emerges from the woods and takes them to safety at his fortress-like home.

And that's just the first sign that Morgan and her brother have entered a hidden world filled with secrets.~

Release date TBD.

For more on me and my work visit: https://bethtrissel.wordpress.com/


7 comments:

  1. Sounds intriguing, Beth, but all your books are. I know you'll have good luck with the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on taking the plunge into another genre. The Hunter's Moon sounds like a good story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sandra. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, Sandra. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. I love the cover! Sounds like a wonderful story. I can hardly wait for it to come out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Smart Girls Read Romance. We love readers and love their comments. We apologize that due to a few unethical spammers we've had to institute comment moderation. Please be patient with us... we DO want your genuine comments!